Sunday, September 30, 2012

30 Things I Want to Do When I am 30 (Personal Musings)

Dear Readers
Today I want to post some personal musings I have been having.  Because of this I will not be posting this post to facebook, as I sometimes do to have more people look at my art.  But just you my wonderful blogger readers will get to read this one.

Some of these musings have been occurring because I am going to be 30 soon, but I decided that instead of thinking about that birthday negatively, I want to think about it positively.  To that end I wrote up a "30 Things I Want to Do When I Am 30" List.  It made me feel very excited about this upcoming year!


Other of my musings come about just from the nature of being a completely unknown artist.  Over the summer I did a lot of thinking about why I make art, even when nothing happens and nothing gets sold.  I came to the conclusion that I want to always keep on making art, even if I only ever sell one painting, like my hero Van Gogh. This page has been sitting in my sketchbook for a while, but I thought it would be good to put in my personal musings post.


Thanks for listening, my friends.

5 comments:

  1. I totally understand where you are coming from, Liz! It can be so discouraging. Just need to constantly remind yourself why you do what you do - because you love to do it - and that is all that matters. Cheers to turning 30 (mine is coming up too) and to it being your best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, a very good list you have there! :-) I'm glad you've thought about why you're doing art, and considered the example of Van Gogh for your motivation. My personal belief is that the greatest driving force behind creating great art is uncorrupted passion for what you do, rather than the desire to acquire fame or fortune or power (although these things do make life a little easier). Many great aritsts, unfortunately, were not recognised as such while they were still alive but they kept going because it's what they had to do.

    30 is a good age. I loved it when it happened to me. :-) Enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you over on my blog, thanks for following along.
    I had a little chuckle when I saw your list, I did the same thing when I was 50 and my birthday went on for at least six months while I ploughed through it. On my 51st I said to the hubby, crikey that soon went. He said well is it any wonder the 50th went on for that long.
    Hope you achieve everything you want.
    Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that a Pride & Prejudice marathon i see peeking in at the bottom of the image?! every time i watch it i think of you and how we said we'd do that but never did so i hope you get to! looks like a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how is the list going? Any ticks?
    x

    ReplyDelete