Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Housebound, Day 1

Dear Readers,
Well, if you are anywhere on the East Coast, you are in the same boat as I am-sitting in your house, waiting out the storm.  So far, we have not lost power, but I feel as if that is coming within the next hour or so.  So I thought  I would put up a blog post, since I spent much of today painting.  (The rest of today I was trying to figure out a soy mocha, not as successful.)

Lately I have started experimenting with backgrounds, simple ones like clouds.  I like it a lot, I think it adds something to the art.  I know it is not "purist" botanical illustration, but with one eye on hopefully having a show this summer, I am trying to make my art more sell-able. Let me know what you think... and stay safe out there today!










My view of the hurricane!

No comments:

Post a Comment