Wednesday, February 5, 2014

New art supplies!!! WOYWW #24

Dear Friends, 
Happy Wednesday!  I am enjoying the day off due to ice.  I know I will be unhappy about this in June, but right now I am seizing the day and painting.  I wanted to show you some of the art supplies that I work with daily. 
 My wonderful hubby and I went this past Sunday to my favorite art store in the world- Utrechts.  Seriously, angels sing when I walk through their door.  Before I knew it I had dropped $80 and that was only with me basically running out of the store. 

My husband kept saying, "Don't you need one of these?"  
Me (eyes closed)"No!" Don't even show me!!" 

So I bought my favorite paper, a block of Arches cold press watercolor.  I am also trying a new type of paper that has a vellum feel, Utrechts brand.  The watercolor palette is the one I use the most- Yarka brand, made in Russia.  I also bought Pitt pens, brushes, eraser, and a new x-acto knife.  I hope you enjoyed my new supply tour, now I'm off to paint with my delightful toys! :)













7 comments:

  1. Hello Liz, my goodness Woman you can draw bea-u-tifully, I do admire people who can, so your new goodies are wonderful and perfect for you, I love water color paper too, I'm an inky girl, have a wonderful day with your goodies, happy WOYWW, Dianne #67

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been looking at your previous posts. Beautiful drawings. Have fun with your new goodies. Anne x #63

    ReplyDelete
  3. New goodies inspire us, don't you know? :) And you have some fun ones! Start creating! :)
    Happy WOYWW! Sharon #27

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your supplies look wonderful. We do not have a decent art supply store close by, so I have to look on line for things, There is something magic about feeling that paper in your hands; I miss that. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! Your hubby sounds like a great guy to have on a shopping trip! Happy WOYWW Cindy #97

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vellum surface sounds good..interesting. I know what you mean about singing angels and shop thresholds! Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certain shops have irresistible magnets in them, and I try to avoid the, although I am proposing to go to the big craft show at the NEC in March. The intention is to wander round and get ideas, and not to buy........ that is the theory. have fun with all your new goodies. xx Maggie #3

    ReplyDelete