Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Not a day without a line"; WOYWW #17

Dear Readers,
 Hooray! Week 2 in a row!  Let's see if I can keep this roll going! :)  Currently I am trying something new where I am attempting to go 12 weeks painting at least a line every day.  I based this idea off of several things- "Not a day without a line." Originally attributed to Pliny the Elder but made famous by Vincent Van Gogh in his letters to Theo.  I also read The Artist's Way  by Julie Cameron, and while I did the morning pages, I want to do 12 weeks of painting this time.  So far this has been fairly successful ( I am only on day 4)  because it gets me into my studio to paint that line.  Then once I am there I get engrossed and keep going for a good 20- 30 minutes.  Hopefully this keeps up.  Do you do anything similar? Thanks for visiting!  Check out the other WOYWWers!

3 comments:

  1. I try to get to my craft table and cut something at least twice a week. I had at one time started "A Drawing A Day" It is at school so not sure that is correct or who the author is, but I made it 3 days. You are already doing better than I. They say it takes 3 weeks to create a habit I believe. Good luck to you, it is already looking great. Kim #90

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art work.........thanks for letting me snoop around :D
    Hugs Ann-R (109) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered WOYWW and love dropping in to people's studios. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete