Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer and Art Show Rejection WOYWW #14

Dear Friends,
Sorry for the depressing title folks. I couldn't think of a better title for what has been going on with me artistically lately.  I submitted the second picture-the iris- to a very small local show with local artists, and it was rejected.  It was very disheartening!  But after a couple of days of mulling it over I have decided that this means that I need to work harder and paint harder, not give up completely!  I have a friend in show business, and she told me "50 rejections for every acceptance" Yikes!  I had better get applying!  This first picture is my other current project- a New York City skyline for our bedroom- it has a NYC theme.  I'd love any and all advice about entering art shows!  Happy WOYWW!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, please don't give up.
    I remember the rejection feeling - it stings. Have some ice cream and forget about it - your work is great, you just need to find the right place for it.
    Laura
    53
    p.s. I really kinda like your paintings :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Iris is lovely. I have a very long way to go to get to your standard, and I need inspiration - so keep on inspiring me with your art and I look forward to your first acceptance.

    Lynda #59

    ReplyDelete
  3. The New York scene looks great and sorry for your disappointment. Love your window work area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't give up - you know and we know that your artwork is great...... try another gallery, do some more paintings and submit a selection, you WILL find the right gallery.
    Bishopsmate #96 still trekking..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of show rejected a beautiful picture like that? Don't give them the time of day. It is absolutely gorgeous. keep at it.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. just keep going. If you love what you do, then you're on the winning side :)
    Cheers, Jana #71

    ReplyDelete