Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Owl embarks!

Dear Readers,
 Two weeks ago I first showed you the beginning of my sketchbook.  I had a lot of people ask me what the story was all about, and I want to share some of that with you today.  For copyright reasons (and to keep it a surprise!) I can't tell you the whole story, but I will be sharing parts as I sketch away. So to begin.

 Basically, my story is a fable about an owl who sets out to find out what makes everyone laugh.  He has various misadventures along the way, and keeps a running list. (Probably one of my favorite things to draw so far has been an owl holding a list!) 

So far I am about halfway done with the sketches.  I discovered on the first painting that the paper is very thin, so I am going to wait to paint until the end.  Today I want to share with you the first two sets of pages. 





 What do you think so far???

After my question of last week, I have decided to hand write the words.  I also wanted to note that if you want to make a comment but can't because you're not a blogger, you could always comment on the facebook post I always put up about the blog.  I really REALLY want feedback!  I hope that you are having a wonderful Sunday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment